Saturday, September 6, 2014

Toyota Land Cruiser HJ 47....





I got my new toy, a 1983 HJ 47 Toyota landcruiser last year. It clocked 420,5000 km on the mileage.


The seller, Man La'loh, it's second owner is a shopkeeper in Laloh, Kuala Krai, Kelantan.
I was out looking for a Serie A defender landrover, when I noticed this white beauty in Laloh. It was 'love at first sight'. The new owner could not keep up with it's 3k plus roadtax annually. He told me the original owner is a Chinese planter in Krai, who is advancing  in his age, and wanted to move on to a  definitely more calmer and less bone shaking MYVI.



http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carpictures.com/pics/full/10G0B384426620AA/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-HJ47-1984-10G0B384426620AA.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/10G0B384426620/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-HJ47-1984&h=533&w=800&sz=199&tbnid=4yELtBrF8uQBtM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__zHINdj5tUPVolaIkbTTbna9Sjw0=&docid=gX9IsREl30kGoM&sa=X&ei=cEubUc6iC4bsrAfV1YGoDw&ved=0CD8Q9QEwBQ&dur=167 ]


Drove all the way gingerly from Laloh to Kuala Lumpur, a distance of about 500 km, and to my pleasant surprise, I did not need to top up on the lubricant as well as the radiator. Was not too thirsty on the diesel as well despite it's 4.2 litre , 6 cylinder powerhouse

But my optimism was rather short lived. Three months later the engine could not start. Installed new battery. still same problem. Ah Leong , my Subang Jaya mechanic trouble- shot and blame the starter and had it changed. Back to same problem. Now can start but no power in movement. I am a plumber but my knowledge in engine is absolute zero. "Time for engine rebuild", says Ah Leong.


" OK Ah Leong, do it so that I will be able to drive from Acheh to Franz Josef Glazier, New Zealand, next year without any hitch!..."

" Doc, you can go round the world 4 times in this beast, no problem!..it can do another million km after the rebuild.. "

10k rm and a month later, my Mr Toyo is indeed a new beast.

I have done 4 sorties of the Kuala Lumpur- Merang, Teganung trips monthly without any hitch. A total journey of over 1000km, two-way. One would need a total body massage after each trip as I have not reconfigured its original shock absorbers yet. How much would an Old Man Emu cost me, I wonder?

Insyaallah, this November, if the Monsoon allows, I will drive up to Chengrai, near the Thailand- Laos-Burma border for a camping trip. I have forgotten my geography, and may well land up in China.







my piece of paradise on earth at pantai telaga papan:
work in progress
this one will take 6 months,
not the biblical 'six days'






turtle landing several nights before right smack near this property,





pulau bidong in the background, to the left but not included here is pulau redang and perhentian...



















tis is not telaga papan.

















1 comment:

  1. Salam,
    saya ada gak sebidang tanah di pantai telaga papan ..cadang nak buat rumah rehat nanti.. macammana keadaannya sekarang.. dah ada org lain yg buat rumah ke belum..

    ReplyDelete